When? Where? Who? Cost?
- Tuesday, May 9th, 2017, 5:30PM
- MAP Brewing Co., 510 Manley Rd, Bozeman, MT 59715
- Anyone! Everyone! No experience necessary. All abilities welcome!
- Please acknowledge and respect MAP Brewing Company's policies regarding children.
- $5 entry- you get a custom Blazing Paddles koozie with your ticket purchase!
Also known as Berlin-Style Ping Pong, the Blazing Paddles YETI Tournament is a group ping pong event for all abilities.
As many as 15 people can play at once. Each player has a paddle and all players form a circle around the table. Players alternate hitting the ball across the net, as in regular play, but the circle rotates clockwise with each hit so that no one player hits the ball more than once in a row.
Each time an individual player "loses a point" or makes a mistake, they earn a letter in the word YETI (much like in HORSE or PIG in basketball). When a player spells YETI, they are out.
As players are eliminated the circle moves faster around the table, ending with three players racing around to snag the return on the opposite side of the table.
When two players remain, they no longer rotate around the table, but rather spin in place after each strike of the ball.
Swing by Pong Tuesdays at MAP or check out a video on youtube.com to see it in action.
Because it's fun!